The Bar

The Bar

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Urban Legend II


"Greatness" The quality of being great, distinguished, or eminent. 

"Great" Of an extend, amount, or intensity considerably above the normal or average.

So, what does it mean for one to be great. I think that ever to often that we think of someone to be great only in the sphere of their respective field. Ie. A Great Rapper, A Great Football Player, A Great Scholar, Author, and so forth. Yet if you, as I have, look further into the history and lives of those considered to be great at one thing in particular, you'll find them to be equally great at another or many other things. Example, Percy Miller aka "Master P", was a success/great at Drug Dealing. While also being equally great at the Art of Rapping. Yet also was ahead of his time in the Music Business as a whole. While also making onto an NBA roster. Though his reign in the NBA was extremely short live, just making into the rankings for the NBA is a success many will never taste and that screams success. Look at King James aka Lebron. Arguably one of the Greatest Basketball Players to touch the court, yet a short look into his recent history will show his long list of scholarships offers and opportunities to enter the NFL. Above is a photo of Michael Jackson, the Greatest Pop Singer of all time and also The Greatest Performers of All Tomes. Yet again, a further looking into his history and a deeper look into his portfolio, will easily show his performance behind the scenes as a businessman was equally of not greater than his performance in front of millions, but I digress. 

I bring up these example of versatile greatness to get you to rethink how you think of greatness. You see, again the majority of people attach greatness to a thing, task, or skill set, but what if I told you greatness was something more. Sometime more obtainable? Something more diverse? What if I told you greatness was easier to obtain just by changing your understanding of the terms and conditions? Well maybe not easier, but you'll damn sure have a clearer view of what it is you're trying to obtain. So let's get into some game, HighLife Style...

I like to think of greatness not as an attribute or a byproduct of activity, but more effectively as a frequency of activity. A "Level" if you will. Follow me now....

All physical activity breaks down to energy and motion. Better put, vibration. Which is measured in frequency. Or the rate and duration at which something occurs or repeats itself. So anytime I think of being great, I think of gathering and raising my energy level to that of greatness. Meaning, my rate of mental functioning and activity, my heart rate, the rate at which I consume, digest, and rid myself of material waste, the quality of material I digest and most importantly, my rate and quality of breathing. 

You see, now that I have changed my perception of "Greatness" from a mass noun  to a countable noun, Greatness becomes a tool or level of operation instead of an intangible byproduct after reaching a goal. Instead Greatness is a level of operation, that once reached, musted be maintained, and anything I do on that level therefore will be GREAT... Therefore if ever I fall from greatness, I go through my checklist and perform maintenance on those activities that have fallen out of course. And perform preventive maintenance on those things yet to fall... 

"G.O.D"
~HighLife
Ben Carson- Neurosurgeon/ Presidential Candidate 


No comments:

Post a Comment