The Bar

The Bar

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Mouth Piece 101


"Steady Eye... Steady Mind" ~KRS1

Reading is more than Fundamental. It's detrimental to the national security of your psychological and overall health not to read on a regular. 

"Steady Eye... Steady Mind" means the longer you can physically focus and hold your eye steady while processing information, the more steady and sound your mind is or will become. Reading is equivalent to Yoga being performed with your eyes. Steadying your mind will in turn, tighten your mouth piece. There are only three ways to consciously steady your mind: 1. Reading. 2. Writing. 3. Meditation

How long can you hold a thought? With this commercial fill rap, multi screen sports bars, billboard filled highways, and 15k a sec timelines filled with random shit. I guessing the average person can hold a thought for 15-30seconds top without drifting into some unannounced topic. This is why I personally do engage muscle to heavily into Brothas that do not read. The majority are schizophrenic and unstable, but I digress.

Over the Life of this site I will be dropping Books and Gems that I rock wit for those that are readers can or may enjoy as well. This will be outside of The Black Bar's MUST read.

So put down the YouTube and hit the Bookstore or College Library(Macking Heaven). And get some exotic food for thought.

The Two Books above "Mastery" by Robert Green(I believe his 5th book in the series), and WordSmart(1st edition) MoreWordSmart(the follow up) compliment each other well. I often read in pairs or "ménages" due to some of the material being strictly fact based. So I balance it with a Donald Goins, Honey B. or something more engaging.. I'll read a novel to detox and get my eyes and mind adjusted back to focusing and reading. Like a pre work out. Then hit the Heavy Hitters. Just:

"Two Pennies"
"G.O.D"
~HighLife 

No comments:

Post a Comment